Wednesday, January 2, 2008

wee hours of the morning

I'm awake and it's 5:30 am. I've been awake for about 45 minutes. Why might you ask am I awake when I could be sleeping in a fluffy pillow top bed where my husband is keeping it nice and warm? Well, I woke up Friday to find out I caught a head cold from my husband and it has slowly gotten worse as this last week has wore on. I woke up because I can't breathe because my nose is so clogged I have to breathe through my mouth and my lips are angry because of said breathing so they are very chapped and sore. I have two kanker-sores in my mouth, my head hurts, my nose is raw from blowing my nose (with puffs plus) and my eyes feel like they are drier than a desert.

Nice way to feel when traveling huh? So I'm up and the wake up call we ordered is coming soon. I should really take some more decongestant but I haven't had anything substantial to eat since about 530 pm yesterday (gas station sausage egg biscuit).

The plus side: 6 am is the start of free continental breakfast at the hotel. We are one third done with our journey. Tonight we will be over half done! We are staying with my Uncle tonight *my mom's younger brother* and some day this cold will have to be done with.

No comments: