Friday, January 11, 2008

photos from the road

Bear with me there are many pictures that follow. But they are nice and I chose the best of 200 to put up here from our trip.
So here are some pictures from our trip from Minnesota to Washington:


Jeremy wasn't sure this picture above was that interesting until I pointed out the road that drops off...


Jeremy had been commenting on the bird flying in the air and as I started to put the camera down I notice a flock of birds on the side of the road. This is the only shot I got off in the time it took our truck to pass by. I wished I had been a bit more observant.


This was a view of one of the mountain passes we had to go through. The snow along the middle fascinated me. It was winding and crazy.


Doesn't that section look like the superman sign? I thought it was unique.


Another view of one of the passes we made.


This picture shows the fog we descended upon. We turned that corner and couldn't see much. I think it's pretty.

Jeremy loves this picture because the road seems to go on forever and ever.

This was the second of two deer crossing the road in front of us. I was happy to get this shot...


The same deer turned and ran next to the roadside out my window. I am so excited to get a picture like this.


One view of the landscape we passed. This is one of my favorites.


Sunset along the road with mountains on the skyline.


This is Dixie my Uncles Weiner dog. She was hilarious and provided us some simple entertainment.


This is the view we woke up to at my uncles. It snowed as we were coming up on his town and the snow was fluffy and not very wet, just fluffy and perfect.


This is my mom's younger brother Bob. We spent the night with him in Montana. I am so happy to sit and just hang out with him. He reminds me of my grandpa in someways, and it's a memory I will always keep with me.


I love this view because of the horizon line. so pretty.


This is the fog that descended on Flathead Lake, Montana.



My dad always sings this song, "It's a long, long way to Tipperary..." Well according to this sign it's only 1/4 of a mile...who knew?


This is an example of the wind we encountered on the way. We ended up taking a detour through a quaint town of Livingston, Montana. We'd like to go explore that town someday.


More Mountain views. Needless to say I didn't read much, and only played my video games when it was dark out and we were still driving.


This was a river we drove by with mountains in th background. So much to see and so much beauty.

1 comment:

erin said...

GORGEOUS photos.
Oh my goodness!
What a drive...