Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Night on the Town

Tonight Jeremy and I were invited to go into Seattle to hangout at this place called GameWorks. It's a two story arcade room with a bar and grill and restaurant attached. So when Jeremy got home from work, we stopped at Fred Meyer for a 1G jump drive for our digital picture frame we got for christmas and I realized that my jeans were holy in the back by the pockets and around the inside of the thighs...so we stopped and I tried on two different pair of jeans. They were nice and on sale so I picked them both up and changed into a new pair real fast before we left. We drove into Seattle slowly due to traffic going into the city.

The view is gorgeous at night with all the lights and what nots. We ended up finding the parking place fine and with a phone call to his co-worker found GameWorks easily too. We had dinner with 15 or so people from Nintendo and their guests (Jeremy had a philly cheese steak and onion rings which he raved over and I had chicken strips and fries.) Then we hit the game floor. Jeremy and some of the crew hit the Dance Dance Revolution games and I headed up to the second floor and found my niche in the pinball machines. I moved around trying some various games and found my favorite from the arcade back in Minnesota I played at, a basketball shoot out game. I played that the most. The cool thing about this game place is you buy a card, then load it up with money which is transfered to points. for 25 bucks you can get 425 points or so. most games cost anywhere from 2 points to 17 points. So Jeremy and I will be going back due to the money left on our card. (there is one of these arcades in Minneapolis too...) The way home was nice, It started raining while we were in the building for four hours, We literally live like 10 miles at most from GameWorks and Pikes Place Market.

I couldn't stop grinning as we came home. It was so easy and nice to be in this new place. I am really happy. Now to watch a CSI episode and head to bed.

No comments: