Monday, November 12, 2007

quilt retreat

I am home from the quilt retreat with a little bit done and lots more to finish. I worked on my turning twenty red,black and white quilt and got all the pieces sewn into blocks, now I just need to square them up and sew them together. I also started on my tablecloth that I have fallen in love with and have a bunch of embroidery to do on it before I can sew the pieces together. My mom brought the patterns for making placemats and napkins and I finished all 8 napkins and 2 of the four placemats before I had to leave. I also took a class on making mittens from felted old wool sweaters (I love them!)

I can say this year the hardest part of going to quilt retreat was the drive home. I was more tired than I felt when I started out but pulled over passed the cities for gas and got a snack to keep me awake.

I came home to find Jeremy excited to have me home, the house look much like I left it (excluding 3 more knives in the sink) and to feel really happy to be home. I snuggled up down stairs in my new Wood Lake zip up hoodie and watch Night at the Museum with Jeremy. It was hilarious - definitely on my must own list. I fell asleep watching another movie and woke up at 1:30 am to Jeremy telling me to go to bed upstairs. Man I missed our bed.

I will post pictures of progress from the quilt retreat tonight. Hope you all have a good Monday back from retreat.

1 comment:

erin said...

Can't wait to see your photos.
I'm SO tired today!!