Friday, November 23, 2007

Mexican Thanksgiving Scramble

Today was the day we had our official Thanksgiving planned. We had decided to make home-made tortillas, refried beans and the fixings instead of turkey and stuffing. So this afternoon Candi (my second sister) and my mom rolled up 52 balls of carbs... I was sleeping because of course today I woke up feeling rotten. While we were finishing up getting ready for dinner ( mom was rolling out the tortillas, Candi was cooking them, and I was cutting tomatoes, olives, and cheese) my phone rang. It was Edina Realty looking to see if they could show our house on Sunday at 1:15 pm. Well that changed the plans for the evening. Since dinner was finished the whole family (Jer, myself, Dad, Mom, Candi, Hailey, and Logan) have been cleaning the house from top to bottom. We've moved furniture, moved lots of stuff to the garage, went through clothes to be donated, and clutzy me split my mom's glass of raspberry wine right on the floor in the living room...sigh...always me...

Anyway, I'm now tired, but there is still much more to be done. The food was fantastic, in fact I'm thinking of having a couple tortillas now!

No comments: