Thursday, December 6, 2007

winter kindness

I am very fortunate to have wonderful neighbors that know I am alone in my home. This weekend past we had a big winter storm and I was gearing myself up to spend most of Sunday shoveling my way back into the world for work Monday. We Saturday afternoon while I was baking away in the kitchen I heard a loud sound coming from outside. My neighbor Ed had already gotten half my drive plowed with his snow blower! I was really happy, so I put together a gift of homemade goodies from the afternoon's work in the kitchen and tromped over with them.

I spent Sunday outside getting rid of the ice since the sky decided after snowing it would like to rain. I fell twice...said nuts to this and went inside to plan my next attack. Ed laid down as much salt as he had left after doing his driveway and I was able to get 1/4 of the drive de-iced. So I ventured out of my garage and down to the gas station for some more salt. I returned home and emptied one of my two bags across the drive.

Then Tuesday it snowed again...making it home from work took me 20 minutes when it usually takes me 5-10 minutes. I was planning my early morning of shoveling around 830 pm and again I heard a familiar sound. Ed came out again and plowed me out! I love this man.

So I slept better...however I woke to the sound of the city snow plow coming down our road...and low and behold he plowed me in! So I changed out of my work clothes, into jeans and boots and layers of warm clothes and grabbed my trusty shovel to attack this mass. I got tired really quickly...and the other neighbor asked if I needed to go anywhere for the day. I told him I had to be to work at 9am. (it was 8 am) He said that I should just make a path big enough for my car to get out and he would finish it while I was at work! Thank the Lord! So I am being provided for while Jeremy is gone. But snow is in the forcast for tonight and tomorrow, and this weekend...

I am ready for spring!!

No comments: