Friday, February 29, 2008

Small Worlds

Well the week has gone by and I have successfully made our apartment visitable. I worked my behind off yesterday and today getting ready for Jeremy's brother and girlfriend. Then at about 3pm I hopped in the car and drove to the Seattle airport and found my way no problem. I walked to baggage claim to wait for them to arrive and as I watched people get off the escalator I did a double take...I saw four people from Winona State that I went to college with walking towards the very baggage claim I was standing next to. My mouth dropped open and I walked towards them and said hello. They were just as surprised as I was. I haven't seen them in three years. It turns out they are here for a conference for the boys to attend and their now wives got to come along. I told them about moving out here and Jeremy's new job and then I had to run to find Jer's brother. I did leave them my number in case they wanted to have dinner or something. It also turns out they are staying in Redmond tonight (the town next to Bellevue, and basically a stone's throw away from my apartment).

So on a last note, we took Jake and Elisa to Ooba's Mexican restaurant/grill. We also took neighbors Sue and her son Ricky. We all had a blast. I had a Fresh Mahi Mahi burito, Jer had a Baja style Burrito with Cod.

It was a great night, and I am looking forward to the rest of the week. Now off to bed in my clean apartment. Don't worry I am going to take pictures so you all can see our place now that it's clean and 95% unpacked.

No comments: