Wednesday, February 13, 2008

More art

So I have two more weeks of work from training to share. First is my favorite and the most recent. It is a photograph reproduction of a mama and a baby giraffe:

This is the piece I decide to display at the studio with the other instructors' work. I love the eyes of the baby giraffe.


This was a "no - step" picture which is the second type of drawings we get the kids to do when coming out our studio. What we do is have them take and find the shapes of the animals to help break a picture down to be able to draw it. I have a special fondness for penguins.

Also that day I did my first photograph reproduction of this elephant. I am not completely finished with it, but I don't mind it so it's going to probably be left this way (until I decide I need to make it more detailed).

So there is my last two weeks of training. I have been enjoying my progress and wonder at moving into still life and tones next week. after that it's on to watercolor then oil painting.

No comments: