Saturday, February 16, 2008

Friday Night Fun

Last night we had our Minnesota Gang outing again. We all decided to meet at Applebee's and have dinner. Later plans included three of us going to downtown Seattle for a CD Release concert for a band that's drummer works with Jeremy. The band was The Preons and they were playing at the Jules Mae Saloon and Eatery. This Bar was founded in 1888. It's a very old bar that as I researched it was a local spot for factory workers and laborers. So the bar-goers were of ages ranging from 21 to 80.

Ambiance was wonderful and the concert itself was very good. The band played in the main stage in the back room. J played the drums, her brother sand lead vocals and played the guitar, there was a bass player and a keyboardist. The Keyboardist was a general term for this guy. He played the keyboard, the trumpet, sang, did some percussion, a harmonica, and a instrument that looked like a cross between a kazoo, a flute, and a small keyboard. Almost a one-man band on his own.

Jeremy and I enjoyed the evening and bought their cd. If you want to check them out look up The Preons on I-Tunes.

The craziest part of the night was looking up at the outside of the bar, and then turning my head and looking directly across the street and seeing a building just mauled and in ruins. I wished I would have brought my camera...as I always say...I am going to have to make a habit of bring it with me everywhere.

No comments: