Tuesday, February 5, 2008

New adventures in dining

Today after my training session at work us two new girls and one of the program directors went next door to have lunch at Facing East Taiwanese Restaurant. Those of you who knew me growing up are probably wondering what I found to eat in a place like this. Those of you who didn't know me then should know I was really picky growing up and am growing out of it as I age and try new things.

So I'm still a little hesitant when trying new things but I jumped on the band wagon today for this place. The one girl order for all three of us as us new girls hadn't eaten there yet. She picked four different plates to try and order us all Hot Citrus Fruit Tea as well. Well the tea came out and it was amazing.

What we had to eat was the following:

1. Taiwanese Style Chow Mein with pork and shrimp in the shell
2. Spiced Pork Stew over Rice
3. Taiwanese Pork Burger
4. Lamb with BBQ sauce and greens

Plus two pots of the Hot Citrus Fruit Tea. If you want to see pictures of some of the food, I found a blog that did a report on the bloggers experience there:

Cosmopolitan Pearls Blog

Anyway I didn't actually have the Chow Mein, I did try everything else and fell in love with the spiced Pork Stew over Rice. The large of this plate is only 3.99 so I will probably be getting that alot with the tea as the months progress. It was really great food. I can't even describe the pork burger. It was so unique. It had a soft pita-like bun that kind of looked a bit like marshmallow, and the flavor of the pork and the sugar and peanuts in the burger were so delightful.

So that was exciting. I will be bringing Jeremy to there soon. Training was good, I will post about it tomorrow when I take pictures and post them.

No comments: