Friday, September 26, 2008

Sewing project

My mom is flying in for a reunion retreat out at Port Townsend on the Olympic Peninsula. One of the things we are doing at the reunion is having a pajama contest. Who ever wins the pajama contest gets a big surprise present from Debbie Macomber. Ms. Macomber was going to come to the retreat and be a guest but her schedule is so busy that she can not make it. So she sent a present for all of us as well as a big gift basket...

The lady who is in charge of the reunion came up with the pajama contest. I am making mine. I decided I could find a really pretty pattern to make. Now here's the thing. I have never sewn a wearable outfit...I did get a nice pattern for an oriental inspired "scrubs" which I am turning into pjs. I found a nice tan brocade/sari fabric to make "silk - like" pajamas. I cut all the fabric out and took the pattern in to see if the two people at work, who I know sew well, could give me any pointers. I also went and found piping in a dark chocolate brown and two frog closures. The top is coming along well. I have the two front pieces attached to the back at the shoulder seams. I also just made the collar (the only part with interfacing) and attached the piping to the collar. I am now too tired to actually go further without fear of mistakes. I cannot wait to finish it though as I am hoping for a very nice top and pants that I could use for a dressy outfit as well.

I also made some freezer jam in the flavor of blueberry. It's sitting on the counter gelling over night...then into the fridge or freezer. I have done this with strawberries already and that was amazing.

Productivity was average today as I got most of the dishes done as well as picked up and organized the master bedroom, except I have about four medium size piles of clothes to get put away and a large pile of laundry to do. Tomorrow I will keep myself busy until it's time to go pick my mom up at the airport. Hopefully it will make the time go faster as well as I can get quite a few things done!

No comments: