Monday, August 11, 2008

A Chorus Line

Saturday night, Jeremy and I were invited to join a co-worker of mine at The Paramount Theater in downtown Seattle for a musical. I've never see A Chorus Line and said "sure" right away. Well once we finally got there (Highway 405 was closed so there was mega traffic) with 10 minutes to spare, She handed us our tickets and we ushered our way down to the seats...She gave us 5th row seats!!!!! holy cow was I surprised.

So we pulled out our programs and I took to what I always did before a show. Read the Actor's Biographies to see if I had seen them in anything before. The first name on the list was the actor Clyde Alves. I did a double take and then grinned very broadly. I knew him! My senior year of high school at the Arts High school the dance department was visited by a touring company of the musical Fame. They had a master class with two of the male dancers and I joined in on the class. One of the dancers was Clyde Alves!!! I remember many of us girls having a huge crush on him. He was very nice. So there he was. One of the actors in the show. It made the night even better. The show itself was way different than I imagined it to be. I often was laughing and clapping and mouth open and funny things sung. Half way through the show I realized that one of the other actors looked very familiar too... So I looked her up in the program in the lights provided by the stage...She was Nicki Snelson - who has just recently been seen on Broadway in one of my current favorite Musicals (don't laugh...and Jer Yes I like the musical - I don't care what you think) Legally Blonde the Musical as Brooke Windom.

She's amazing because during that musical she sings a very difficult song while jump roping and dancing a complex routine.

After the show Jeremy and I plus my co-worker, her mother, her brother, and her brother's friend all drove to a Starbucks for coffee and chatting. It was such a great evening. We ended up getting back home at about midnight. I can't wait until I get to see something else again.

No comments: