Tuesday, August 12, 2008

another weekend post late

I did have new about my job that I didn't share.

I am being trained up to work on harder things at work. I've only been there 2 1/2 months and I am in 3 weeks of training starting today for Admin. Work. I will be working on more complex problems that I was not doing before. It's exciting to take this step as there are only 9 of us in the class. 4 of us trained together and the others having been on the job since March or before...

I feel very happy to know that people think I am doing a great job. I have been told it is a very significant step towards being hired on through the company and not being a temp. anymore. So three weeks of training means I have weekends off starting last weekend.

It was good news as I think I would have been scheduled for 3 10 hour shifts in a row. Sunday I slept in to the ripe old hour of 9 (sigh to early mornings making me wake) and then did some more sewing and relaxing.

Saturday before the theater show I made another purse. This one is my "evening" bag and it matched so well with the theater we went to.
Here is the outside all ready to put the handles and zipper on and sew it together.


Here is the inside lining that I wanted the handles made out of, but got too little of fabric.

Here is after I have attached the handles.


And here is my finished bag. I love the zipper color the most. It's a nice size bag. A bit taller and squatter than the one I made for my neighbor.

I also started working on my Minnesota Wall-hanging again. I have attached the binding and sandwiched it together with the backing and lining, now I just need to stitch in the ditch, and fold the binding over and sew! I have been drawing too, got a couple new books. I plowed through one really fast and will do a book review tomorrow following a format my friend uses on her site. Check back again! Off to relax.

3 comments:

kristi noser said...

you totally have to show me how to make those--that is the cutest thing ever!

Elisabeth said...

I will totally make one with you at quilt retreat. I'll email you the supply list!

Suburban Witch said...

Annies... you're so freakin' talented! :)