Thursday, April 10, 2008

Quilt block of the month group

Well today I woke up and relaxed around the house a bit but at 1015 or so I headed over to one of the local fabric shops to see what their Quilt Block of the Month group was like. Today was the last day of the previous years blocks...I watched, I'm one of the youngest girls there but that doesn't matter (means I can learn from other people). Well I did bring my Bargello quilt with to show, and they did have a show and tell time, and the ladies all seemed to really like my work. They all seemed shocked that I have only been quilting for two years. So I decided to sign up for next years Monthly group. It's a value of $150 of fabric and pattern for merely $50. All I had to do was agree to finish my block before the next meeting to get the next month's free. The pattern we are using can be found at:

Lizzie B Cre8ive Designs

If you click on the quilts link on the left it will load a page with images of quilts. The one We are going to do is called Peace, Love and Appliqué. (It should be in the top row farthest on the right).

I'm excited to learn more about appliqué and piecing which the head of the group says there is quite a bit of.

So that was fun, then I came home to veg and think about what I want to work on, on my day off tomorrow. I worked my favorite class today at the studio, with my favorite student, but aside from the kids I had a rough day with frustration at some of the nuances of how the studio is being run. But there isn't much I can do about it, and there isn't much I can do about my emotions except try to keep them in check.

Now I am home, have eaten (good old mac and cheese) am currently watching Jeopardy then Survivor, CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, and probably Without a Trace.

I love thursday tv...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.