Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Project in the works

My boss is adopting a little 18 month old girl from China and she just got the letter of acceptance from the Chinese government and so they are planning to go get the little girl very soon. As a welcoming present and "baby shower" type present, I am making a new quilt for the little girl. I am going to try my hand at a Sunbonnet Sue quilt, in red, whites, and blues. I found the best backing fabric for it too. It's parts of the constitution. My boss's husband is a lawyer, so I thought he might appreciate it.

So that's my goal for my next full day off (Friday). I am going to work hard on these so I can finish it before she comes back from China. I think I have until the first week in June or so.

So that is a major project to finish soon.

Other than that it's been mainly working many hours this week because we are having Spring Break Camp. This means we have quite a few more students coming in for half or full days of doing art and crafts. I worked the morning on Monday and Tuesday and today I worked 1pm to 6 pm. Tomorrow I finally go back to my semi-regular schedule.

If you check out my newly updated Food Experiments blog:

http://kitchenstoriesetc.blogspot.com

It talks about what I cooked tonight for dinner and what I made on the side. I am trying to be more habitual about updating at least that blog to chronicle my adventures in the kitchen. I generally put up the recipes I find or use from my stash so you can make it too, and then I say what I did differently then the recipe because with me I am always tweaking things, then I say what I would like to do differently next time I make it.

No comments: