Sunday, March 18, 2007

baby hat and on the hooks

I finished a baby hat from The Happy Hooker yesterday. I started it in the car and finished it last night at my parent's house. Now I am making a blanket to match. At the end of April my sister is helping host a silent auction for money towards research on the genetic disease Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA). She usually crochets sweaters and blankets and quilts lap afgans or baby blankets. This year I am hoping to get a few more of my crochet items done to help the cause.

Two pictures:This is the hat I finished. There were suppose to be braids off the end of the ear flaps but the yarn I used frayed easy, so I left the braids off. I am thinking of adding a row of single crochet around the outside to make it complete and make up for the braids.

This is what is on my hook, a blanket to match the hat. I like it. I have deviated slightly from the pattern, but I also didn't check my gauge right away and this is a bit smaller than it's suppose to be (the yarn selection being lighter and smaller than what was recommended.)

I have to get back to working on my recipe scrapbook exchanges, so I can then use the next to days to crochet and get ready for a quilt retreat. More later.

No comments: