Saturday, March 3, 2007

Anarchy Hat

After finishing the scarf, I wanted to make something smaller that would be quick, but just as fun to make. So when I was out on Valentine's day i found this great book called:

Stitch and Bitch, The Happy Hooker, by Debbie Stroller

I was leafing through the book in the store and saw this hat, and had to make it for my husband for two reasons. 1. It's an Anarchy A hat, which is his favorite symbol, and 2. there are 42 rounds on this hat, which is the ultimate number (see Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams.)

So I started it last night, and it was a fast and easy pattern of mainly single crochet. I finished it late last night and here are two pictures of the hat. The first is one of my husband, Jeremy, wearing the hat while he sleeps. Who knew, it doubled as an eye mask!The second picture is a detail of the A:
I was really impressed with this pattern for it's quick build and easy. I am thinking of making another one in red with back trim and black letter. We'll see.

No comments: